CollegeBlows.com
Enemy of the Academic
[Make a New Post]

Thursday, June 02, 2005  

Do I Look Like I Know Where I Am?


Posted at 1:56 AM
By: Brian [link]
Email This Post



I am just a simple jackass from New Jersey. Yet, wherever I go, I seem to get picked out by strangers as the perfect person to ask for directions. It doesn't matter how American I might be while walking in London, or how "Bridge and Tunnel" I might be in New York. It doesn't matter how large the crowd I am in, people always pick me out to ask where 7th avenue is.

Do I really look that universally at home?

Aren't Europeans supposed to be able to pick out Americans with perfect ease? Who asks the guy in New York who repeatedly looks up in amazement at how tall the buildings are, which way to go? I thought they taught elementary school students that only tourists and assholes from Jersey do that?

Oh well. I guess looking universally trustworthy and knowledgeable has its benefits though, namely the opportunity to make people late, or hopelessly lost in a strange city. Nothing is better than laughing at the expense of strangers. Besides it'll teach them all a lesson a very simple one:

BUY A FUCKING MAP!


Sounds like a wise move right? You'd think so, but instead, lost people ask me instead.

---
I thought this was going to be a good post. Maybe not. Please excuse it. Also, please click on some of my links before you get out of here.



Return to Main Page


CollegeBlows.com



Extra-Good Links

College Humor
All-Dumb.com
CampusHook
Busted Tees
Buy this man a Beer!
WastedBlog.com
Ridiculism
Credible Report
CollegeStories.com
MakeMeKing.com(NEW)
Satire Humour


So I Sold Out...


SinfulShirts.com
CollegeBlows Store


Other Sites

LinkSwarm(NEW)
Olde English
Enduring Vision
A Bitchin' Page
GlobalSpot.com
Enraged Baboon HQ
The Man Code
Educated Beyond her Intelligence
Berto's Beer
LowBrow.com
Liquor Wits
Bob from Accounting
Baseball Geeks
Kontraband(NEW)
Homestar Runner
Tom's Website
FirstFoot.com
Paul Crupi
National Lampoon
Maddox
Slutgers
The Black Table
theFacebook.com -->


Previously
What is your time worth?
Due to Illness...
Life Blows...
The Worst Part of the Day
ID
Summer Begins
Out of Service?
Mothers Day
Summer
Don't Talk to Strangers



Contact

AIM Me
Email Me



Subscribe

Syndicate Me [Atom]
Subscribe by E-Mail
Get Notified by AIM
Add Me on theFacebook.com


Link to Me

Link to Me!
Link to Me!
BlogRoll Me



Credits

This page is powered by Blogger.
Listed on Blogwise
design by maystar